Enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms are an old-school software concept that’s working hard to stay relevant in this new age of smaller, more focused cloud service applications. In a nutshell, an ERP system is integrated software that’s typically delivered in a modular fashion—Resource management system, a financial reporting module, a human resources (HR) module, a sales pipelining module. A modern ERP system is built in a modular fashion where the customers can choose which modules they need to completely address every operational aspect of their business.
ERP software is resulting as the recurring trend now, as nearly 70% of the companies are actively shifting towards the digital transformation. It is most sought after technology this year, according to some studies. ERP enables your business to organize, analyze and utilize all the complex data in a simplified way at a single platform. You must implement an ERP system for the smooth running of your business. If you are using it already, you must keep an eye for the upgrades and software scalability. You must also know about the best ERP trends of 2019. In this article, we talk about the top 5 ERP software trends this year.
- Analytics: The new version of ERP software are more data-driven compared to the older ones. It continuously enhances the analytics capabilities in order to meet the needs of the manufacturers. It also allows its users to integrate analytics tools into their existing applications, run ad hoc reports and easy access to data visualizations.
- Cloud: As more and more software companies are opting for cloud ERP, its market is ever-growing and is estimated to be an industry of $29.8 billion by 2021. It has a number of benefits like lower infrastructure costs, broader access, better management, and security. It now is being used by a lot of companies globally. It may get more optimization in the coming years owing to its popularity.
- Personalization: The modern ERP software can get integrated with third-party applications in order to provide an intuitive user interface. Personalized UI in ERP is more conversational. It is also one of the key ERP software trends of 2019. Now it can not only be used as a record keeper but also utilize the potential of being a powerful business tool to execute services and enhance operations.
- Real-Time Insights: The ERP software also offers companies with seamless user experience through an interactive dashboard and inbuilt reporting. It cannot be utilized fully when it is at a stationary place, so modern-day ERP experts are working on a solution that offers its users to access data from anywhere through the cloud.
- Predictive Intelligence: The ERP manifests greater success to an organization and increases operational efficiency, improvement of productivity and driving sales. Advanced versions come with predictive intelligence capabilities in order to enhance a business’s core in terms of data and market trends that suits with human capabilities.